‘Entire Cast’ of Episode VII Confirmed to Return for Episode VIII
Star Wars producer Kathleen Kennedy has confirmed that the entire cast of The Force Awakens will return for the next film.
The president of Lucasfilm has said that iconic cast members will appear in Episode VIII, as will newcomers John Boyega and Daisy Ridley.
Speaking to Bang Showbiz at the London premiere on Wednesday night, Kennedy said:
“There will be a handful of new cast members in Episode VIII but also all the cast members you see here tonight will be in it as well.”
She also admitted that the cast won’t have much of a break following the current promo tour as they’ll begin filming again in the New Year.
“We’re excited to get back together. We start shooting Episode VIII in January, we’ve been prepping the movie for the last year and (writer-and-director) Rian Johnson has been doing an amazing job,” she said.
After the incredible hype surrounding the seventh film, Kennedy is relieved that it has finally been released.
She said: “Now the movie opening here (in the UK) and then in the United States on Friday, I’m just about to have that sigh of relief.
“It’s an adrenaline high right now. When we landed on the plane after coming here we started reading the reviews – it’s pretty exciting.”