New reveals of Jabba’s Sail Barge
Today some of the fan sites were able to participate in a Google Hangout. During the hang out we got to ask questions about the Jabba’s Sail Barge and HasLab. We also got to see an up close look at a painted version of the sail barge.
Here are some photos that have been released by Hasbro.
We learned the following:
- The only foot pegs will be on the main blaster on the deck
- There will be 6 different areas to mount smaller blasters.
- The cockpit has a door that will allow figures to go all the way through the barge on the lower deck.
- The jail door will be sliding.
- There will be another set of chains in the jail cell so you can chain up your own prisoners.
- There will be figures produced to help re-create the barge scene just not waves dictated to the barge.
- This will come with stands to help display.
- The shipping packaging will be double the normal thickness to protect during shipment. There will be extra packaging for the unit while in the box. The barge will come complete for the most part.
- Jabba has a brand new paint job.
- Jabba’s base will move left to right.
- There will be a microphone for C-3PO.
- There will be no sounds effects.
- If the goal for the US/Canada is not met it will not stop HasLab from doing more projects.
- The edition size depends on how many backers there are once the goal is met. Example if there are 5,100 backers than there will be 5,100 made. This will not be available at retail.
- We had asked about getting an updated skiff to go with this and at this time there isn’t one in the works.
We had a lot of fun participating in this event. It was our first time and we weren’t sure what to expect. The painted version of this looks great. You can tell that there has been a lot of time and effort in designing this.
For more information on Jabba’s Sail Barge and to back it make sure to check out HasLab. At the current time there are 3,261 backers. The goal is 5,000 by 11:59 PM ET on April 3rd, 2018.