Hasbro launches G.I. Joe HasLab crowd funding campaign
During Hasbro Pulse Con it was announced that there would be a G.I. Joe Haslab crowd funding campaign. This campaign is to get the Skystriker from the animated tv series G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero to the 3.75″ line. The Skystriker will help celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the tv series. This version will have new designs and features such as a moveable joy stick in the cockpit, new landing levers one for the landing gear and one of the wings, swappable tail fin, useable tow hook, etc. It will come with two O-ring figures like the originals and the current Retro line.
1. It will be customizable. There were be numerous decals to make it either look like the aircraft from the tv series or an F-14 Tomcat. Also comes with stickers with the Pilot’s names.
2. Two canopies.
3. New Landing levers for landing gear and wings
4. Swappable black tail fins to match packaging art
5. Useable tow hook
6. Options for dog bone pins to customize weapon load out
7. A re-fueler tank and ammo cart
8. Numerous blast effects pieces and missiles.
9. Ladder and fuel tanks
10. A Display stand
11. Two figures Ace and Wayne Ruthel.
12. Two fabric parachutes
This campaign will need 10,000 backers to get produced. The price of the Skystriker is $299.99 and there is a limit of 5 per customer. The campaign will go until 11:59 PM EST on 12/7/21. If funded this is scheduled to ship in the Spring of 2023. Currently it has 4,052 backers.
Like other Haslab campaigns this one will have tiers for backers to unlock to get more with the Skystriker. For previous campaigns those were TBA, but for this one they have already announced the tiers and what will be unlocked.
Unlock/Tier 1 – 13,000 backers – Scarlett in Flight Suit – comes with crossbow
Unlock/Tier 2 – 16,000 backers – Rip Cord in Night Force Colors – comes with gun, helmet, re-breather, and parachutes
Unlock/Tier 3 – 18,000 backers – 2 Pit Crew figures & Cloth parachutes – comes with ground crew wands
The unlockable figures will also have the O-ring design like the originals and the current Retro line.
Make sure to check out all the details for this campaign on the HasLab site.