New Zealand Mint reveals new silver coin
The New Zealand Mint (NZ Mint) has revealed their latest coin to join their Star Wars line-up. The next character to get a coin will be Ahsoka Tano. This version of Ahsoka will be from her appearance in the Disney Plus tv series The Mandalorian.
There will be three versions of this coin a 1 oz Silver, a 1/4 oz Gold, and a 1 oz Gold.
For this article we will take a look at the 1 oz Silver coin. The coin will be of the $2 denomination and have a limited mintage of 5,000 coins. It will retail for $109.00.
You can find more details about the silver coin on the New Zealand Mint site.
Below is the release and images for the coin.
This delicately engraved coin features Ahsoka, the renowned Togruta™ warrior, as she appears in the Lucasfilm series The Mandalorian™. The obverse of each coin bears the Ian Rank Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, confirming them as legal tender.
1 oz Silver Coin:
Metal: 999 Fine Silver
Weight: 1 troy oz
Nominal Diameter: 40mm
Country of Issue: Niue
Year of Issue: 2022
Key Selling Points:
• Engraved 1oz pure silver coin features Ahsoka Tano™ from hit Lucasfilm series The Mandalorian™.
• New release in The Mandalorian™ Classic Coin Collection.
• Officially licensed collectible coin.
• Presented in quality coin case and themed outer packaging.
• Perfect gift for any Star Wars™ fan or coin collector.
• Limited worldwide mintage of only 5,000 coins.
• Proof quality 99.9% fine silver